New data indicates that international trips are on the rise
this year, with hotel bookings seeing the most significant jump and a spike in
demand driving up airfares.
According to AAA booking data, international travel is up
more than 200 percent compared to last year, with hotel bookings jumping more
than 300 percent and airline ticket prices increasing by over 30 percent.
Data revealed that Europe and Canada are the most popular
international destinations, with London topping the list of most popular cities
to visit with a nearly 350 percent increase over 2022.
Rome, Paris, Dublin and Barcelona are other popular European
destinations, while Vancouver, Toronto, and Calgary are the most visited
Canadian cities, according to AAA’s booking data.
“Travelers are making up for lost time and willing to spend
more to see the world,” AAA Senior Vice President of Travel Paula Twidale said.
“If you do your homework and rely on travel experts, like AAA travel advisors,
there are deals to be had. But the key is giving yourself plenty of time to
“There’s nothing like going abroad. Personally, I just
renewed my passport for a long overdue trip to see family in the United Kingdom,”
Twidale continued. “There’s excitement this year for international travel but
also a lot of questions about everything from passports to travel
To help Americans prepare for international travel, AAA
compiled a list of tips and tricks.
- Prioritize your passport.
- Use AAA’s free online travel tool, Trip Canvas, to help pick
- Enjoy guided tours in unfamiliar destinations.
- Travelers looking to avoid large groups should check out Club
Adventures by AAA, which focuses on small-group tours.
- Experience multiple destinations without staying at multiple
hotels by booking a cruise.
- Obtain an International Driving Permit (IDP) if planning to
rent a car.
- Invest in travel insurance.
- Be flexible with your dates when booking.
- Enroll in the State Department’s Smart Traveler app.
- Listen to the advice from AAA Diamonds Inspectors.
For the latest travel news, updates and deals, subscribe
to the daily TravelPulse
Topics From This Article to Explore
All content is property of the owner, unless otherwise specified. This content is not owned, or maintained by TravelMart,
and is used only for informational purposes. Please visit the content owners link
via the source link for more information.